Full form of PGDCA is Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application. You can do PGDCA course after completing your graduation.
PGDCA course is the best choice if you are interested in computer programming, database handling or something related to computer science. If you love these, PGDCA can be a better option for you.
Every year many graduates complete this course and get a good job in the IT industry. I personally recommend you to learn some basic mathematics if you are from the non-maths stream.
PGDCA course eligibility
Anyone can do PGDCA course if he/she completed his/her graduation from any college. Mostly all colleges are offering this course.
Even if you are doing MCA from IGNOU, so when you pass your first year you will get PGDCA certificate. No need to do it separately.
There is no age bar to pursue this course.
There no prior experience required to get admission in PGDCA course. But if you have a computer science graduation degree so it will be added advantage.
No lateral entry option is available in this course.
Duration of PGDCA course
Duration of this course is 1 year. It has 2 semesters.
PGDCA course syllabus semester wise (IGNOU Syllabus)
Note: Below course may be changed from university to university.
- Fundamentals of Computers & Information Technology
- Operating System (DOS, Windows, Linux) & MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Programming Concepts & Techniques and Programming in FoxPro
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- OOPs and Programming in C++
- System Analysis and Design
- RDBMS and SQL
- Programming in Visual Basic
- Introduction to Web and .Net Technology
Colleges offering PGDCA course
There are many colleges offering this course. You can join any one of them. I personally recommend IGNOU but its up to you. Check colleges near your locality and join.
Only knowledge matters- If you get admission in any reputed college but you do not have tech skills so your diploma is waste.
Again it depends on college to college. Mostly, PGDCA course will cost you around 5K to 200K (5 Thousand to 2 Lakh).
After completing PGDCA, you are eligible to get jobs in MNC’s, Private IT firms, Software industry and BPO’s.
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates are recruited as
- Software Programmer
- Junior Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Software Consultant
- Network Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Web analyst
- Software Quality Tester
- among others.
Top Companies/organization hiring
Popular technology-based organizations such as –
- etc. are popular recruiters of the discipline’s graduates.
Salary Offered to a PGDCA student
Salary depends on your job profile as well as the company. But you will get an average salary package from 2.25 Lakh to 4.25 Lakh. This figure is not confirmed salary but as per industry speakers.
Other Computer courses
- All about NIELIT CCC Course- Complete Information
- MCA Eligibility, Course Duration, Full form and jobs
- Best career option in computer programming – BCA
- Diploma in Computer Application (DCA): Complete course details
Hope that you understand the benefit of PGDCA course. PGDCA full form, its eligibility, fee and colleges. If you have any question related to this course, don’t forget to ask in below comment section.