Loader in C
Loader is the part of Operating System which is responsible to loads the executable from the disk into the primary memory unit (RAM) for execution.
You know that every program runs in primary memory so it allocated the memory space in primary memory for that executable program and gives the instruction to the program.
Linker in C
As name suggest, linker links different process, piece of code and data into a single file. Linker also link modules into system library. It takes object modules from assembler as input and forms an executable file as output for loader.
You can also read
- A Simple C Program: Let’s Understand C language
- Assigning Values to Variables in C Language
- Comments in C: How to use in a program?
- Keywords in C Language [Full List]
- All format specifiers in C with examples