Company Secretary is the kind of job designation in companies. And it is also a course offered by ICSI.
Cs full form is Company Secretary
Mostly, commerce graduates prepare for it. CS is a senior post in accounting. A CS (he/she) keeps all records relates to company tax information, legal activities as well as keep records of funds.
A Company Secretary is a-
- An in-house legal expert; a compliance officer of the Company.
- An expert in corporate laws, securities laws & capital market and corporate governance
- Chief advisor to the board of directors on best practices in corporate governance
- Responsible for all regulatory compliances of the company
- Corporate planner and strategic manager
You can join this course from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
ICSI is responsible for training and education to all students, who are preparing for CS.
Company Secretary (CS) Course Eligibility
Before starting eligibility to join the course, let’s understand the CS course layout.
- Foundation program (first level)
- Executive program (middle)
- Professional program (final)
A student who has passed his 10+2 from any stream (excluding fine arts) from any recognized school/board can join the foundation program (first level) of the CS course.
If you want to join CS after passing your graduation, there is no need to join a foundation program. You can join the executive program directly.
In terms of Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982 (as amended), all students are required to successfully undergo a compulsory computer training program for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in CS Executive Program examination.
You can join a computer course from M/S Aptech from all over India.
M/s Sify Software Limited for conducting online exemption test for the students, who claim to have adequate knowledge of computer operation.
The students who will pursue the computer training from any Institute including M/s Aptech will have to enrol for and appear this online exemption test to fulfil the computer training requirement of the Institute.
The executive program is mandatory for taking admission in a professional program.
Duration of CS Course
All three programs have different completion time as per below
- Foundation program takes 8 Months (minimum duration)
- The executive program takes 9 Months
- And Professional program takes 10 Months
CS course syllabus
Foundation program syllabus
Paper-I: Business Environment and law
Paper-II: Business Management, Ethics and Entrepreneurship
Paper-III: Business Economics
Paper-IV: Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
Executive program syllabus
Module – 1
- Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws
- Company Law
- Setting up of Business Entities and Closure
- Tax Laws
Module – 2
- Corporate & Management Accounting
- Securities Laws & Capital Markets
- Economic, Business and Commercial Laws
- Financial and Strategic Management
Professional program syllabus
Advanced Company Law and Practice
Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence
Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency
Information Technology and Systems Audit
Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
Ethics, Governance and Sustainability
Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects
- Banking Law and Practice
- Capital, Commodity and Money Market
- Insurance Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice
- International Business-Laws and Practices
Colleges or Institutes
You can join any private institute/college for tuition purpose only. Don’t confuse if you want to get admission in company secretary (CS) course, you can only join through ICSI (The institute of company secretaries of India)
Fee Structure of CS
- The Admission Fee is Rs. 1200
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 2400
- The Total Fees for CS Foundation Programme is Rs.3600
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1500
- The Foundation Examination Exemption Fee is Rs. 500
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 5000
- The Total Fees for CS Executive Programme is RS. 7000
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 1500
- The Exemption from Foundation Examination Fee = Rs.500
- The Exemption from Executive Programme Examination Fee is Rs. 500
- The Tuition Fee is Rs. 9500
- The Total Fees for CS Professional Programme is 12000
The Examination Form Fee is listed below
- Foundation Programme is Rs. 875
- Executive Programme Per Module is Rs. 900
- Professional Programme Per Module is Rs. 750
The Job Opportunities For CS Course
- Foreign Collaborations and Joint Ventures
- Legal, Secretarial and Corporate Governance
- Project Planning
- Capital Market and Investor Relations
- Corporate Advisory Services
- Corporate Restructuring
CS Course Certificate Holder Can Become
- Assistant Manager
- Bank and building societies
- Employer’s cooperatives
- Housing Associations
- Insurance companies
- Investment sectors
- Trade bodies
Salary of CS
A Fresher can earn per month starting salary can be anywhere between Rs. 28,000 and Rs. 40,000. As Experience increases the income also increases depending on his skills and talent.
Hope that you understand about CS, its syllabus, course fee, duration and salary after passing CS course. So comment below your all doubts and queries.
You can also read more about courses
- MCA Eligibility, Course Duration, Full form and jobs
- Best career option in computer programming – BCA
If you love technology and blogging you can read my another blog https://zerootech.com